Coordination and management of government financial resources
1. The Ministry should centralize and coordinate the bookkeeping and registration of public revenues and expenditure.
2. The Ministry should issue and socialize financial instructions on the financial management of public monies, promoting their constant perfecting with a pedagogic action.
3. The Ministry should coordinate, update, and normalize the system for classifying public, expenses and socialize the criteria that shall rule that classification
Coordination of state government insurance business
1. Assign management responsibilities for implementation of the prudential insurance standards.
2. Appoint and maintain competent professional insurance brokers with cognate professional experience in life and general insurance
Management of state government investment
1. Initiate, organize and participate in promotional activities such as exhibitions, conferences, and seminars for the stimulation of investment in the state.
2. Provision of extensive information related to the state business environment including current investment procedures.
3. Provision of comprehensive market feasibility studies to potential investors.
4. Registration and keeping records of all major investments in the state.
5. Maintain Post-investment after care service and ensure that Nigeria’s investment remains Favorable and investor-friendly.
6. Registration with the relevant agencies as applicable to the sector of operation.
Bi-monthly production of MOFINEWS Magazine
1. The magazine production by the Ministry of Finance is aimed at marketing the Policies and Programs of the State Government to the investing world. It is widely circulated.
2. The Magazine is not for sale